1. To select an image or hymn from a select passage of Scripture, first go to that portion of Scripture in the Blue Letter Bible (the easiest means to this end is to search out the verse from our home page).
2. Once on the page with the desired passage, you will notice that each verse of Scripture is prefaced by an assortment of buttons (generally , , , , , and/or ). The button is for a listing of images and hymns related to the selected verse. If one appears, click on the button as illustrated below.
3. This will bring you to a page identical to the former with the exception of a drop-down menu immediately below the selected verse (see image below). Inside the first cell of the menu will be the phrase "Choose Hymn /Map /Image for" followed by the selected verse reference (in the case below, this is "Gen 1:1").
4. If you click directly on the menu or the down arrow , a list of image, map, and hymn choices will appear. Choose one of these by clicking on it (as illustrated below) the name of the chosen image will then replace the "Choose Hymn /Map /Image for..." text in the head of the drop-down menu.
5. Now you need only click on the button to be simply whisked to a table containing the image information you have selected.
6. If you choose a hymn, you will have immediate access to both a MIDI sound rendering of the tune as well as the hymn's lyrics. If you choose an image or map, a table with a number of image listings will appear. Those images highlighted in light blue are those relating to the selected passage, while the others (on alternating grey and white lines) are from the passages surrounding the selected text. In the first column is the name of the image or map in the example below, "The Creation (engraving)" and in the following column are verse references and dictionary topics linked to the image in the illustration below, "Gen 1:1-2; creation." By clicking on the image name, you will be sent directly to the image designated. By clicking on the verse reference, you will be sent back to that reference in the Blue Letter Bible. By clicking on the topic, you will be sent to a results page as if you had run a word search for the topic (in this case, "creation" would send you to a page with every verse of Scripture containing the word "creation" as well as three dictionary references.